Happy New Year! Well I am a month late, but here in Honduras when you see a person for the first time in the New Year, regardless of the date, you wish them a Happy New Year.
It is almost time for the new school year...only one more week until the students will arrive.
This year I am taking on a new role in the school. For the past 4 years, I have been in charge of the High School Learning Center, where the kids work on all their Paces - Math, Science, Word Building, English, Bible, World History, Music.
Last year I felt God telling me it was time to step out of that role.
But I love what I do! I love the time with the kids, even when they make me crazy, when they don't do their part, and I am pulling my hair out, I love them!
Still God continued to tell me to step out of that role. He showed me the potential of the teachers around me. It was time for me to step away and those I have been working with to step into leadership.
So, I spent some time crying and praying and really making sure this was God's direction, and when I knew that it was I shared this with Annette. We agreed on one of my team who could step into leadership for the Learning Center and we both feel great about that decision. Then she began thinking about where I could best serve in the school.
That is my purpose here, to serve. To be a help to Ruach, to the students, and to the teachers.
So this year I will be teaching science class for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th grades.
I am a little freaked out! But I am also feeling excited. Hoping that the "freaking out" feeling will grow less and less as the year goes on.
I am remembering the excitement and the fear of my first school year, when I taught 2nd grade. We survived that and I had no idea what I was doing! Those students are now entering 9th grade.
This morning I was reading in a devotional and a verse referenced was something I had underlined in my Bible in 2010. Psalm 126: 5-6 "Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." This reminded me of all the tears, many tears, many struggles, many battles with the kids....whether it was with school, life issues, family problems, health, or just living in Honduras. And I have had many days of joy and celebrations! And I know there will be many more to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment