FEAR....I had a new experience yesterday. One that, until yesterday, I had been happy that I had not experienced. One that so many of my Honduran friends and students have experienced.
I had my cell phone and a friend's cell phone stolen by "the man on the blue bike" That is what I have named him.
I was sitting in my car, waiting on my friend, Magali, who needed to pick up some paperwork from a clinic for a doctor's appointment. While I was in my car waiting for her, there was a man hanging around. He knocked on the passenger window and I tried to ignore him. He knocked again, then he opened the door and got in the seat beside me. In that terrifying second so many things went through my mind....I was gripped by fear and panic. I turned my car on, like I was going to drive away, it wasn't until later as I was replaying the incident over in my head that I thought to myself...."where was I going to go? It wasn't like I could drive away from him, he was in my car!"
He didn't like when I turned on the car, he hollered at me, I stopped, he showed me his knife and demanded my cell phone. I took it from my purse and quickly handed it to him. He mumbled something, looked down at my friend's purse on the floor beside him and grabbed her cell phone and then got out of the car.
I immediately locked my door and began searching the sidewalk for my friend, praying for her to quickly get from the building to the car so we could get out of there. I was so happy when she was inside the car and I could tell her what had happened.
It's sad that this is such a common occurrence. We didn't even consider going to the police.
As we were driving away, God told me to pray for the man on the blue bike, and so I have been.
I'm glad it's over, I'm glad he only took two cell phones, I'm glad no one was hurt.
I want to let it go and focus on all the good around me, because there is a lot of good!
So I have talked about it, today I cried about it, and now I have blogged about it - and now I am letting it go!
On to better and happy things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment