Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tuesday - Day One in Xelaju, Guatemala

In the afternoon, Silvia, Xenia, Keren and I went to a women's meeting at a nearby church to share about Mi Esperanza campaign.  While there we learned that after their meeting, they were having a Baby Shower for one of their ladies.  Well Silvia is the baby shower queen, so we ended up helping them with the shower and she knew all the fun games to play.


All the ladies at the Baby Shower


Later Silvia, Xenia, Joel and I were going to go to a church to share with their congregation about Mi Esperanza.

This was an amazing night because I saw that God plans my steps!

The pastor came to pick us up, and when I saw him I thought to myself "I know him", but that is impossible.  I have never met him, I have never been to Guatemala, I don't know anyone from Guatemala.  But while we were in his car and he was talking with us, I could not stop feeling like some how I knew him.

We arrived at his church, and his family served us a meal.  It was very good - eggs, beans, plantinos and tortillas.  I loved the table setting and the pretty tea cups.



I still kept feeling like some how I knew this pastor.  After we finished our dinner we went downstairs to the church service.  We took our seats and I felt like I had been in this church before.  I thought maybe it was similar to somewhere I had been in Honduras.  But then the worship leader began to sing and I thought "Oh my gosh, him too!"  He was so familiar and the worship, I had experienced this before.  How could this be.  At first I felt confused, but as we began to worship, I didn't understand but I knew that it was all so familiar.   And somehow I knew this place.



Pastor Joel explained to the congregation about the Mi Esperanza campaign.  Then each of us were to share something.  When Joel first told me I was going to have to speak, give a short testimony or share something about myself, I didn't know what I should say.  But God gave me the words to share.

When it was my turn, I introduced myself, where I am from and what I do in Honduras.  The point of what I shared was that when God calls you to do something, when we are obedient and trust Him, he will prepare us, equip us, and give us all that we need.  

After we finished the service that evening, Silvia and Xenia told me how good it was that what I shared was something different, something they had not said.  Just like I shared with the church, if we trust in God he will give us all that we need, He gave me the words to share with them that evening.




Here we are afterward with the pastor and some others from the church.

After returning to the hotel that evening, I was trying to understand what I had experienced that evening at the church.  I had been praying about it, when God brought to my memory that several months before the trip I had had a dream about that church.  

How amazing is my God!  He does have a plan for my life, and when I stop to listen for His voice I am blessed!  







No comments: