One thing that I really liked in Guatemala was the community pila. Unfortunately I did not get a picture because I always saw the ladies there washing as we flew by in our bus.
I was able to find some similar photos online.
Each day when we would travel from our hotel to the church I would see these community pilas that would have 5 or 6 ladies there washing their clothes. If you know me, you know that I enjoy my time at the pila. These places where the ladies could gather and wash clothes together reminded me of my young days when I would meet friends at the laundromat to do our wash.
On our way out of Xelaju
Passing through a town on our way to Xetelul
The sky was beautiful that day!
Sunset as we were driving through Guatemala City
Taxis in Guatemala City


No comments:
Post a Comment