Sunday, August 04, 2013

Monday with City Life Team

Matthew Buchholtz, along with several of his team members shared their day with my high school students.  They shared their testimonies and how God had changed their lives.  I pray that the students' hearts were open to receive the words shared with them that day. 

We ended our time with worship and prayer.  Many of the students were prayed for and words were spoken into their lives by the team members.

I was so blessed to also have Paula Colbath and Hannah and John there!  Several of my students really connected with Paula and were able to open their hearts and receive much needed love and prayer!  Thank you God!

Through this day God spoke a word to me.  I have been praying for the kids, and praying specifically Isaiah 35: 5-6

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
 
I have begun to pray those verses for myself.  I don't want to be blind or deaf to what the kids are dealing with, to their problems, to the things they need help with.  I am praying for God to give me sensitive eyes and ears and the words to help my students.  

It was an incredible day with the team!  After school the team left with Helen and Dennis to go up the mountain to Doris' house ....an incredible view, a precious lady who loves the Lord and shared the love of Jesus with many children on the mountain! 
 
That evening we were all together again at La Casita and Jim Pack had planned a surprise for the team!
 
MARIACHI BAND!
 

 
Fredy serenaded us as well!
 

With the team, and missionaries and our can't live without them Fredy and Henry, we took over the front half of the restaurant!



No comments: