Sunday, August 04, 2013

City Life Church

I was so excited for the team from my home church in Texas to come here last week.

I wanted them to feel welcome and loved as they arrived in Comayagua.  Dennis and Helen Jackson and I met them at the hotel Sunday afternoon. I was excited to surprise them with a loaf of homemade banana bread for each of the rooms. 

I was blessed so much having them here!

The team was staying at the Santa Lucia, which is a hotel owned by a family whose children attend Ruach.  I loved that we could help this family in their business!  We had all 12 rooms rented.  I even got to stay with the team at the hotel.  I felt like I was on vacation!   Thank you City Life!!

I had three days of air conditioning and a hot shower!  I was blessed! 

The team landed in San Pedro Sula Sunday afternoon, drove several hours to get to Comayagua, and that evening they were ministering at my church, Ministerio Renuevo.  Words can't describe the joy I had to have both my church families together. 



They led worship for us that night, some songs in English and some in Spanish! 



Some of the team members shared a word with the church. 
 

 


We had an incredible time to pray with people at the end of the service.  It brought back memories of when I would come here on mission trips - that first night was usually spent at a church in Barrio Boquin.  What sweet memories!

Of course after church we had to stop at the Puma, formerly known as the Esso.  It is Jim Pack Tradition!  :)

 How did I not get a picture of the team having dinner at the Puma? 

That was day one of the team....I hope they enjoyed their first day as much as I enjoyed the time with them! 

No comments: