Friday, June 14, 2013

Praying for the High School students!

Every year it is something different, a new battle in the school.  I have been saying this year that I don't know what has happened to some of the students, I just cannot motivate them to work at all.  This week Mr. Peter came to me and said the time he had spent with the kids over the past few weeks he sensed there was apathy among many of the kids.  That's it!  Yes, they just don't care.  Many of them have this attitude with school, their education, and with God.  There is also a spirit of rebellion.  Some of the kids are rebelling against God, turning away from Him.  We have a battle to fight but God has victory!

Tonight as I was listening to worship, I heard the song I Am Free...."Through you the blind will see.  Through you the mute will sing.  Through you the dead will rise."

God reminded me of a scripture that I used to pray for the kids in the learning center, Isaiah 35:5-6.

"Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.  Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy."  Isaiah 35: 5 -6

I have students who are blind to God, who are deaf to hearing the truth, who are mute and need to be given voice to sing and praise God, and who are dead and need to rise and live in all that God has for their lives!

I am praying this for my kids and declaring this as true for my kids! 

The desire I have for them to walk in the freedom and joy and love that God has for them is so overwhelming, but I know that God will give me the strength to fight for them! 

Please join me to pray for my students! 

No comments: