Dancing in the Rain
Why do I like to go outside and twirl around when it is raining? I just love it! I feel free! I go outside with my arms stretched out and
twirl and skip and jump and I feel freedom and joy! Today I was driving home from the store and
had my windows down so I could feel the cool rain. As I was driving I was thinking, why do I
like to go out in the rain? God began to
show me some things. I feel freedom in
that moment because it is a time when normally you would run inside, run for
shelter, but instead I go running into the rain! What freedom there is when we can go running
with joy and excitement into what God has called us to!
My kids at school know that I love to go outside when it is
raining. I have drug a few kids outside with
me to dance in the rain, they always feel a little lighter afterward. You can’t be sad when you are dancing in the rain!
Just like running into God’s presence,
you are lighter, you have peace and joy!
Next time it is raining, go outside and dance, twirl, skip, lift
your arms to the sky and thank God for the rain! Thank God for the things in your life that some
people might tell you to run from and take shelter, but instead run after God
and run into the rain with joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment