This one doesn't have a photo...Jacob Taylor how did I not get a photo of you?! I was blessed by having him here! He had been in my Sunday school class before I moved to Honduras. He looks the same, only about 3 feet taller! I remember one year coming back at Christmas time and Mrs. Cheryl let me share with the kids about Honduras. And I remember telling them that one day when they were in youth, maybe they would come to Honduras as a missionary. WOW! Blessed me to pieces to see that happen! Before he left Jacob gave me a gift and told me to spend it on myself, so I have it tucked away for a special day. Jacob you have a big giant heart!
This is one of my students, Krissia. She is in the 10th grade and will be graduating next year. Earlier this year she felt God telling her that she would be a missionary in Cambodia working with girls getting out of the sex trade. She was able to share this with me, telling me "Miss, I knew you would understand me, I know it sounds so crazy!" She has been corresponding with Hannah Taylor on line and Hannah was so sweet to send her a letter and a headband that came from Cambodia! Here she is with her letter! She was so touched!
During the ministry time on Monday, Tori Beth stood up and said that the Lord had told her that in the room there was someone who would be a minister, someone who would be a worship leader and someone who was called to be a missionary. Well, Krissia broke out in tears!
Tuesday, as we were getting ready to leave from giving out food, Jim Pack looked at Krissia and said she has an annointing on her. I shared with him who she was...Krissia, the girl called to Cambodia.
She is special to me and I know that God has great things planned for her! I am blessed by her love for others!
Yes, I did take a picture of the towel creations on my bed each day at the hotel. This was my favorite. I had originally asked Jim if I could stay one night at the hotel while the team was here. His response, "stay all the days with us!" A lot of times when the teams are here we are so busy, busy with life, busy with our regular responsibilities at school, and busy with the activities going on with the team.....many times with all that busyness the team leaves and I think I didn't even get to talk to the people who came here! I wanted to be able to spend time with the team and get to know them. Having my church family from the states here is special to me, and I wanted to get to enjoy every second of it. So getting to stay at the hotel with the team was so awesome! I really enjoyed you all! The hot shower and Air Conditioning were a bonus!
After all the activities of Tuesday, that evening was Ruach's Got Talent! And boy do they!! We had singing and dancing and Group Bible Speaking (yae High School!) And the two groups from high school that sang, they didn't perform, they were worshiping up there! It was an incredible night! Thank you City Life for making this possible!
City Life Church, I cannot say thank you enough for all you did here in Comayagua and in Siguatepeque last week! You blessed the country and people that I love and that has made my heart happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment