Thursday, August 08, 2013

Amazed and Humbled when God can use me! 

Yesterday evening I was online and a friend, Lisa Porter Ringel, posted a link to a YouTube video of the Kari Jobe song "Here".  I am always blessed by Lisa's posts, so I went to the link to listen to the song.  I know the song, have heard it, and sung along to it many times, but yesterday it was like I was hearing it for the first time!

As I listened to the song, and read the words coming up on the video, I felt flooded by God, I knew He had a word for my students, it was so overwhelming, I couldn't put it into words, but as I listened to it over and over I knew that He had something for me to share.   This morning I got up and immediately pulled up the video again, and prayed that I could find the words for my kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSXmYd72OeA&list=FLgccwidm6tKdrieTDa1yrvg
Here is how the song begins....

"Here"

Come and rest here
Come and lay your burdens down
Come and rest here
There is refuge for you now

You'll find His peace
And know you're not alone anymore
He is near

You'll find his healing
You're heart isn't shattered anymore


These words shouted out to me...
Rest
 
Lay your burdens down
 
You are not alone
 
Your heart isn't shattered any more
 
Today I had the opportunity to share with the highschool students.  We watched the video and then I was able to share this word from God.

Jesus knows the feelings that we go through.  He came to earth and while he was God, he was also human.  He was rejected and abandoned and denied and tempted and beaten he felt sad and lonely, he knows all the feelings that we experience.  Jesus knows and understands our emotions.

His love is perfect.  God is Love!

We read 1 John 4:8-10
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Romans 8:39
 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

How incredible is God's love for us!  Others might leave us or reject us, abandon us, hurt us, but God's love is perfect!  He wants to heal our broken hearts!  He understands all the pain and hurts we go through.  We are never alone!  Even when you are in your bedroom and no one else is there, you are not alone because God is always with you.

Zephaniah 3:17
7 The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing.

I wanted the kids to receive this, and believe the verse,  receive it as their own .....

He will take great delight in YOU
he will quiet YOU with his love,
he will rejoice over YOU with singing.

God rejoices over each of my students! 

I pray that these words I shared today will give life and will bring healing to the hurts  and broken hearts the kids have.  I am overwhelmed and humbled that God can use me.  I am grateful and amazed when He chooses to allow me to speak His words.  Today was not me, but God, and I am grateful for the opportunity.



1 comment:

Elaine said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this!