Sunday, October 28, 2012

Yesterday I was shopping online for graduation gifts for the seniors...while shopping I came across some art work with verses that really touched me.  I jotted down the scriptures and so this morning as I sat down to read my Bible I went to read those scriptures.

The first one was Psalm 62:5  "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."  Rest...that was what caught my eye, I have been extremely tired, Lauren has been extremely tired and our Seniors are exhausted!  Rest, we all need some real true rest!  I wake up during the night counting the Paces or counting Jose's saxon math tests he has to complete.  I pray for Jose every time I wake during the night because I know many times he is up early (meaning 3 or 4 a.m.) to get some of his math lessons done so he can take a test. 

Psalm 62:1 "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him."

I think God is trying to tell me something!  He is where we can find true rest for our souls.  I had a glorious day of resting in Him today!  We had no power from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ....I read my Bible, journaled, made a trip to the store early in the morning, did my laundry, and spent the rest of the day reading and napping and RESTING!  It was glorious!  Even my time at the pila was different today.  Normally while I am washing I am praying...going through my list with God, the kids and their troubles, the things I need wisdom about the problems at school, etc...but today I just enjoyed Him. 

The second verse that struck me was Isaiah 60:1.  Actually what caught my attention first was the awesome rooster.  The colors in the art work were magnificent and, living in Honduras has made me aware of roosters.  Here they crow all night... but I am used to them and while they are annoying to visitors, they are comforting to me.  The name of this piece is Rise and Shine which made me think of what I always sang to Joshua in the morning (he HATED it! ) and what I sing to my girls to wake them when we are at convention... Good morning good morning good morning it's time to rise and shine.... now I don't know the real words to this song but my version continues with ....Wake up you sleepy head it's time to get up out of bed ....good morning good morning good morning it's time to rise and shine!

Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."

Actually I had already underlined in my bible Isaiah 60:1-3....but today when I read it, it took on different meaning. 

I don't believe in coincedence, I think there was a reason that God took me first to the verses about Rest and then to the verse telling me to Arise and Shine.  Sometimes I don't always get it or I miss what He has for me, but today I heard Him and I enjoyed my day of rest and I am ready for this week, ready to Arise and Shine and I know that the glory of the Lord will be with us in the High School this week. 

This is a hard week because Friday at noon we have to turn in the grades for the seniors.  So if they have not completed all their Paces, their average is still figured with what is done and they may have a low grade.  They will still need to complete their Paces, but that grade will be in their permanent file with the Department of Education and will be what the University sees when they apply for admission.  These are smart kids and I want their final grade to reflect their true knowledge and ability...so we will find the Rest for our souls in God because He alone can provide and then we will Arise and Shine and know that the Lord is with us every step of the way!



1 comment:

Elaine said...

What an encouraging post! I love the verses! I love how the Lord spoke to you through them.