We are coming up on the end of another school year. This is an exciting time, a stressful time as the kids work to complete their goals for the year, and also an emotional time. I get very sentimental when I think about the seniors who will be graduating and moving on.
Some of these kids have gone to Ruach nearly their entire school career. The class that is graduating this year, were in the 6th grade when I moved here and I taught them English conversation class. I can't imagine coming to school next year and these guys not being here. It just doesn't seem possible, it doesn't seem right! How can we be at school and not have Jose David there? Or Celeste? It just is not possible!
Today was our monthly pizza party for the highschool kids who have filled their punch card. This was the last time the seniors would participate in this pizza party. They realized it today as they sat at lunch time eating their pizza. I heard them talking about it during lunch and I agreed that it just seems weird, and something I am not ready to think about!
Today as I was collecting their punch cards, I was touched by what I read on the card belonging to one of my seniors, David Alejandro. I took a photo and then I decided I would also keep it...put it in my Bible as a reminder of the lives that I am honored to be a part of, and blessed to be able to touch!
As I watch their slide show of photos from their school days at Ruach and share their final school days as Ruach seniors, I know I am blessed to be a partof their lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment