Sunday, October 14, 2012

A lot has happened since my last post....many long days at school helping kids to be able to graduate, many hard disciplines handed out, a lot of fun times and laughs too!  Even a trip to the beach in Tela with friends!  It was great to have a weekend to get away and relax and have fun.  I am glad I was able to take Lauren for a fun weekend before asking her to put in so many extra hours at school. 

 
 
 
 
What a huge blessing she has been to me and to the students!  She is great explaining Chemistry and Physics and helping out with Math.   She has been putting in a lot of extra hours after school and long days on the weekends with the seniors.  I am so thankful to have her helping us!

We are coming upon the end of the year, and this time is always hard  on the kids and the teachers.  We are all tired, and I can get very discouraged!  All year we push and reward and punish the kids hoping they will complete their goals, do their homework, study for their tests...and still at the end of the year there are kids who I fear will not pass, and kids that I wonder did they learn anything this year, and kids that I am praying will have time to complete their work for graduation.  And I always find myself thinking did I do anything?  Did I make any difference?  Do I have any student who learned anything at all! 

Last week one of my students had to write some paragraphs in her English Pace and when I read this I got my answer!  If I have one student who learns something, one student who grows closer in her relationship with God, one student who can make a difference, then yes I did something, something worth being away from my family, something worth all the lonely days, something worth all the frustration and tears....

I was touched by her words.  She was a part of the girls' Bible study I did earlier in the year and we talked a lot about helping other people, about loving our neighbor and what that means,.  And my vision for the High School this year was teaching them to be a Light, being a Light in the school and in their barrio and in their city.... and when one of my kids gets it - WOO HOO!!!  That makes me excited!



Here is what she wrote...



Little Things are Important
By:  Krissia

Sometimes in our lives we have “material special things”.  For me the most important thing that I love and take care of is my ring.  It has an important value to me because my grandma gave it to me.  Other people have more special things.  If we start thinking in little things that God gave us there are a lot of things; for example my home.  We don’t pay attention, we only go home and we say “this is my home.”  But many people do not have a house, they don’t have food, a bed to sleep in.  Sometimes we say “I don’t like this” or “I don’t want this food”.  That is incorrect.  We always have to say “Thanks God for these little and special things that you give me.”  I ask myself why many people are in this situation that they don’t have food, a house, etc.  I know that God has a purpose for them and for us.  We have to help those people like God commands us to do.  We are the new generation that will change the world. We are light so we have to start acting, and the recompense will be huge!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

She gets it!!! That was so sweet!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Cheryl M said...

the ripple effect is happening in this child's life! Isn't it good to know she will pass it on and God knows how many will continue to pass it on until the Lord returns