AMY! On my calendar today it says Amy Day! It is a great day to celebrate a beautiful life! It was 14 years ago that she met Jesus face to face and danced in a field of heavenly daisies!
My niece brought life everywhere she went. If you ever met her you loved her! That is just who she was! Today I want to remember all the fun times - all the laughter she brought to all of us! I loved her leaving silly messages on the home answer machine that would sound like she was an English maid so that when people would call the house they would get a little surprise! She loved to laugh and bring that joy to everyone around her.
She loved to watch Saturday Night Live and then re-enact her favorite skits. And she could come up with some of the funniest voices! Oh I miss sitting around and watching her entertain us. "I'm feeling a little verclempt! " And Mr. Bean and his Christmas Socks....days in the hospital watching Mr.Bean and laughing with her!
So today I am so glad that I have friends coming to my house to spend the day after a long and tiring week for all of us and we are celebrating love and friendship in Honduras. It is fitting that this celebration fell on "Amy Day"!
Amy I love you always, my little niece! Always you will be in my heart and be an inspiration to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So beautifully said!!! Love how you loved her!
I agree with everything Mom wrote. I'm so glad you wrote this. What a sweet reminder about a life well lived.
I miss her so much, but I just picturing her dancing in heaven and breathing without pain brings me so much joy. <3
Post a Comment