This is where we sold our fried fish....the whole fish... this is very typical here. One of my kids asked me why we don't eat them this way in the United States...he was explaining to me that there is something inside the head of the fish that is very good for you....I did eat one of our fish but I did not eat any part of his head....
Here Katherine is peeling the green bananas to make platinos....yum! I learned to do this and was available for many people's viewing pleasure. I had many people coming to watch me and give me some tips...it is HARD work, turns your hands brown for days, and stains your clothes...yep I learned the hard way! But I was happy to learn!
Here is one of our tables that the girls decorated for our restaurant in the Department of Colon.
This was created by the 10th graders along with Miss Kathy. They were the Bay Islands
I loved the centerpieces they created for their tables!
Ana is grilling some chuleta (pork chops)
Here is Comayagua
Mrs. MaryCruz and one of her students are preparing some yummy food
Fernando and Gordon were grilling some beef - their Department made a typical plate with beef, a slice of cheese, some tortillas, beans, avacado...I was told it was very good.
Miss Rosi making papusas!
For those of you who have been here and know Miss Merlynn, this is her daughter. She is a Mini-Merlynn!
Here is our plate of food....I had to take mine to go because I was still sick and on a jello and water diet still....but my plate came home and in my fridge until I was able to eat it....I had to not think about what this little fishy looked like a few days ago! But he was very good! He was served with encurtido (cabbage in vinegar and the color comes from beets) and platinos which are the green bananas I cut that you fry, sort of like making french fries,,,,only way better!
Mr Jonathan and Miss Rosi
No comments:
Post a Comment