The boys caught the fish with nets....and put them in a bucket. I was initially freaked out when they told me we needed to catch the fish and clean the fish....oh my gosh! And we were planning to do 50 fish!
FIFTY !!!
It is beautiful at Francklin's house!
We started putting the fish into buckets as the boys caught them....
And some of the boys played with them....GABRIEL!
After they were caught it was time for the cleaning....Now I have NEVER cleaned a fish or even seen someone clean a fish but these guys were excited to teach me!
I did it....most of it....I got pretty good at removing scales and would pass it off to the boys to cut it open and pull out the middle....
But I touched and saw some pretty gross stuff - they made sure of it!
Francklin found a sac containing fish eggs in one of the fish.
I did learn that if you squeeze them too hard things from inside come out a hole in the bottom of the fish...oh my!
Fernanda got a little help from Gabriel....we didn't want anyone to miss out on the fun of cleaning fish!
Katherine Paola, this girl isn't afraid of anything!
Look at this giant fish! She was showing him some love right before she scraped off his scales, sliced him open and removed all the yuckies!
It was a lot of fun with these kids....and when we had finished, Francklin's precious mom took over. She and Francklin got up early the next morning and fried all the fish and this is what we got...
No comments:
Post a Comment