Sunday, September 25, 2011

Proverbs 6: 23, 24, 26, 32 (23) For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life.  (24) keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife. 
(26) for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, but the adulteress preys upon your very life (a valuable soul).
 (32)  But a man who commits adultery lacks of brains; whoever does so destroys himself.

I like these verses because they refer to sexual purity.  First of all, I can learn that God’s Word and His commandments are a light which will shine and show me the way to life.  Following His commandments will keep me from immorality.  For me, immorality is not only referring the act of sex, but also the immorality in my mind and the lust.  I must obey God and He will assist me.

There is a difference between a prostitute and a woman in fornication and adultery.  The prostitute sells herself to earn some money to life, but the immoral woman is looking for a precious soul that can be destroys.  She is preying upon my soul!  That’s why a man who falls in immorality has no brains, is stupid because is destroying himself.  I can understand that immorality in my mind will destroy me.  God is saying to me that if I obey Him, He’ll keep my soul pure, sanctified for Him.  In that way, I’ll be a clean vase in which God can freely work.

Written by Sebastian
(11th grade/Senior)
He could preach this!  He did preach at Convention this year and won 2nd place!


No comments: