Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So much has happened over the past month....yes it has only been a month, but it seems like a lifetime since I last posted!

Since that exciting day coming home from San Pedro Sula .....

.....  the car was "fixed" and "fixed" and .... now it is no more.... That is a story in itself.

Helen taught dance and taught Math and fell in love with teaching!

Mary Beth held Bible study with some highschool students and ignited something exciting in one of my students, Ana Raquel.  I am excited to see where it goes! 



The Restoration team arrived. 

Completed 2nd Partial and Helen took my place (my world was spinning and I was hooked to an IV that day) in taking Five students to Pizza Hut to celebrate their completing all their Paces on time!  Congratulations to Jose David, Ana Raquel, Dassia, Paul, and Rony! 

I got sick and spent the day in the clinica in a bed hooked to an IV....after some meds, a lot of sleep, a watermelon drink and some laughs with Henry I was released with a bag full of medicines and the diagnosis of a bacteria.


We celebrated the school's anniversary with traditional dance by our students... Helen's students sharing their dance.... and a day of games.






Spent a weekend with the Restoration Team and 5 of my students.  First on a building project in the mountain in Barrio Boqueen ....






David was great working with Deborah and translating Bible stories with the children!


....and the following day was a day of games and food and dance and song and Bible memory with the children from that mountain who attend Bible classes with Doris.

Saying good-bye to the Restoration Team.  :(

A week getting back into my routine...school, tutoring, kids at the house doing homework - they were happy to be back at my house ...until the day my car couldn't make it up the hill by my house and I had to say good-bye to the Flinstone mobile....

Meeting the team from Christ Chapel from Georgia.

A week of fun and laughs and great training and learning and new ideas!  I love these ladies and looking forward to many more trips to Honduras!

Celebrating Dia de Lempira....lots of fun and lots of great typical foods from all over Honduras!

I was working with 10th grade and we were representing the Department of Lempira.






Celebrating Annette's birthday (well I was there in heart - physically I was in highschool with all the students who were in detention)....

Dinner with friends...

And....now here I am today.... those are only the highlights of the past month.... I left out the bugs and no power days, no water days, walking the streets of Honduras enjoying my world, laughs with kids, tears with kids, prayers with kids, prayers for kids, tutoring and Saturday class....

Life is great here!  Always exciting!  God is in control.... through the spiritual warfare and the tears and the struggles ...God is in control!






1 comment:

Elaine said...

Awesome post!!! and I love the pictures!!!!!