Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bible Reading

While I have been reading I have written so many things that made me think...mmmm why is that important, what is the purpose of us knowing that particular detail. So much to ponder.... but I don't want to bore you with every little question that has come to me...believe me there are a LOT....I would love to hear some feedback on some of my big questions...

Here is one that I really spent some time reading...and I will probably go back and read again.

Another reason I have a hard time with reading the Bible through in a year...I get on a section and sometimes I can't get past it....so here I am.

Genesis Chapter 18

There were three....three ? Does this represent the Trinity? Why Three? Each time it refers to the three speaking to Abraham it is "They" said....did they speak together? Was it God and three others or was God one of the three? Verse 1 says that the Lord appearead to Abraham, then it says that Abraham saw 3 men standing nearby.

verse....22 the men turned away and went toward Sodom but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.

Chapter 19 verse 1 ...The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening....

So....the "men" were angels. But originally there were 3 and now there are 2 who arrived at Sodom. Which takes me back to was God one of the 3? But verse 1 says the Lord appeared and then he saw 3 men nearby.

These verses completely captured me... it's one of those stories you know but yet there are so many details and questions that I have never heard or discussed or understand.

Any thoughts???

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I completely missed the 3 and then 2. Going to have to think about this!!! Love that you are writing about it.