Bible in a Year
As I was reading I kept recognizing places where God asks a question, but He already knows. Genesis 3:9 he asks "Where are you?" calling to Adam....then in Genesis 3:11 he asks Adam "who told you?"...and then in 4:9 he says to Cain "Where is your brother Abel?"
God obviously knew the answers to these questions. Why did He ask?
Was it to give them the opportunity to repent, to show their character? There must be a purpose for God asking these questions when He knows the answers.
Makes me think of times as a parent or even now as a teacher, where I ask a question, hoping and praying they will come clean, that child will tell the truth, will come to me with a repentant heart and confess.
How much more God must want that from us!
Was that why he asks the question?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment