Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Party!


I had a little Christmas party at my house yesterday.


If you have ever read my blog or seen a few posts on my Facebook you will have heard me talk about my boys, Gabriel and David. I love these two boys like sons. It still amazes me how God can take people and just put them in your heart in such a special way that you love them with all you have! I have many people in my life who are "family" without actually being family.


Well in Honduras it is no different!


Last week we had our last night of doing homework....it was David's last week of vacation school and he finished up his final Pace. So of course the boys wanted to know when they could come over and play...just play since I wouldn't be saying "get to work"...."do your homework"....


So we planned a day and I invited Henry to come too and hang out and play games with us.






They all came to my house....I made dinner...and I had some gifts for the boys.


I love these boys, and we do a lot of playing around....we all have a variety of nicknames.....and one of mine is Lemon. It happened one evening over homework when I was stressed about their work and not being happy, fun Stepha but more of the lecturing Stepha (or as Gabriel says ...you just abba dabba at me....) So when I am upset or getting onto them about something they say I am being a lemon....and it is really bad if I am being a sour lemon...stress on the sour! :)

Not everyone can call me Lemon or even Miss Lemon....but even with all the joking and nicknames and fun times we have they still respect me....one of them can push me to my limits sometimes...but isn't that what kids do!

So..... when the group was coming from church for graduation this year I asked for Lemonhead candies. Helen so sweetly brought me two boxes of Lemonheads and two boxes of Lemonhead and Friends....so that was part of their gifts last night.


Here is Gabriel with one of his boxes of candy! :) And no, last night I was not a Lemon! I was Honey last night....sweet and happy!


Besides the candy and cookies....I gave each of them a piece of fruit....for David a yellow apple, his favorite, and Gabriel a guava. That is what I keep stocked in my refrigerator during school so I always having something healthy for them to eat.

They also got some lemperas to buy Saldo for their cell phones (like buying minutes/text messages). They need all that Saldo for all the girls they need to text! ha ha!

After dinner we played Phase 10....and David brought his Nintendo Game Cube so we played Nintendo after Henry left for worship practice. It was a lot of fun! I am glad they think I'm fun too....last night after playing Nintendo with them, David told me Iwasn't a boring old lady! ha ha ha!

I love these kids! I miss my family and I miss Joshua....but God has blessed me abundantly with family here in Honduras!




2 comments:

Elaine said...

So happy for your awesome night!!!! The smiles on the boy's faces says it all.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party!! Missed you at our Christmas party last night. Your sister took LOTS of pictures. I hope it captured just a bit of the hilarity. : )

Can't wait to see you!!

Lynn