Sunday, November 28, 2010

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends in Honduras! Alyshia and I drove to Seguatapeque...not before first seeing a cow run into a truck! As we were heading out of town a little pick-up truck pulled in front of me going very slow. I was complaining about him....when suddenly from a side road here came a large cow.... with big horns.... he came running into the highway and headbutted the side of the pick-up truck in front of me! The truck's side mirror went flying off the truck, and he pulled off to the side to assess the damage. The way the cow hit, his head only caught the mirror so it looked like that was all the damage he had, but wow how much worse that could have been.

I immediately thanked God for protecting us, and prayed for us to have safe travels up the mountain to Seguatapeque.

Funny how I was first complaining about that little truck, but if it had not been for them I'd have been flying down the highway when that cow came running into the road and I'm sure it would have been more than a lost side mirror!

What I saw as an inconvenience interfering with my drive turned out to be life saving!

I wonder how many of those we each miss every day, not realizing what God has saved us from, or has put us in the right place at the right time for a blessing, or out of harm's way just in time and we never even see it.

God Thank you for all you do for me each and every day!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Praise the Lord that the cow did not hit your car and that the man was OK also. I was thinking after reading it that the Lord protected you and also Joshua today as he was driving home. Both of you were in cars when you could have been hurt. I thank the Lord for watching over both of you!!!
Thanks for posting this. It is an encouragement to me to trust Him in everything!!!!