Sunday, October 24, 2010

My new home....

When I was looking for a place, I knew that God knew where I would move. And I kept saying that I was willing to go where ever He had for me....but then I shared with Him the desires of my heart for my new home.

The biggest thing that I wanted was a two-story with a balcony. I love to go outside at night and see the stars and enjoy the beauty here...and I love to be outside in the day and see the beautiful blue sky and the beauty of the mountains all around us. When I am having a hard day or missing my family or just need a touch from God I love to experience the beauty of the country where I live.

Well this place is two stories with a balcony! Can you believe it!!! And the balcony comes off one of the bedrooms...of course that will be my room!

There are many things that are an upgrade for me from where I am living right now....

They have a water tank so I will always have water...no more days with no running water!

There is air conditioning....however I know how expensive it can be to run them, so I am thankful there are many many windows, but on those days where it is so hot and I am melting trying to dry my hair or put on my make up before it runs off my face....I can actually cool off with the AC.

And drawers.....yep you heard me...I will have drawers in my bedroom! WOW!!! I have not had drawers for over two years! My house I am in right now has closets, but with a place for hanging clothes and a section with shelves....which was a huge blessing because many places do not have closets....but I have no drawers for t-shirts, underclothes, etc.... So I am very excited about the "closet" in these bedrooms, with shelves and drawers and a place to hang your clothes!

Things in this home are newer than where I have been living...the bathrooms, the fixtures, all are newer and just a lot nicer....

All this led me to feeling guilty, and feeling that I should not be in such a nice place.
Why should I have a place that is so nice? Why should I have air conditioning, or closets with drawers, or have water all the time... WHY? I don't know why....I don't know why I get to live there, all I know is that is the home that God gave me!

Thank you God for all the blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie - I am so glad you found a place and that it has so many great features! We have been praying for you lots and lots and can't wait to start hearing the great stories about wonderful things that take place in your new apartment!

love to you -

janna

Elaine said...

I am so happy about your new home. I know it will not be easy to leave the one you are in now because of the fun memories (minus the break - in) but I know you will make lots of new, fun memories in your new home!!! I just knew you would move to this one. :)PTL!