I will be moving next weekend to an apt. near Patty's house. Actually it is more like what we would call in the states a townhouse. It is two story, and it is considered an apt., but it isn't connected to the other apts. Which is good since I am loud and my kids who come to my house are loud! They are already worried about being too loud ....with our playing...and their music... and we can get a little crazy.....so it is good that I am on the end and have no shared walls with my neighbor! ha ha!
This weekend I have been packing up my house for the move.
I know I am ready to move and I know it is the right thing, I had felt that I was supposed to start looking for a place to move to before the robbery. So I know this is the right thing to do, but this house has so many memories for me and my students here!
Last year I had so many of my kids here doing homework during the week. And after school was out but we were still working to complete Paces so they could graduate 6th grade, we had school here every day for about 6 of my students.
My girls came here last year to bake cinammon rolls.
We had our futbol watching party here last year with my girls as the USA played Honduras in soccer.
My girls had a pajama party here.
And all the fun memories with the kids here....of food fights and water balloon fights...and the kids all just feeling comfortable here, and being at home here....
Memories with Marjorie here....sitting and talking about her wedding plans...and spending the night here because we stayed talking too late...
I hope that we can make all those same fun memories at my new place. And I pray they will all feel at home and comfortable there too.... I hope they know it's still me...it's still my home ...no matter where I sleep at night, they are all welcome there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment