Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today I went to church with my sweet friend Marjorie. Marjorie graduated from Ruach 2 years ago. She is a precious young lady. God has put our hearts together and she is like a daughter for me. Her precious boyfriend is the pastor of their church and she has invited me several times to attend their service. Last week I traveled with her, friends, and family to a park further than San Pedro Sula, (SPS is about 3 hours drive from here - we were close to Peurto Cortez) where they had a special service and baptized 7 young people. It was a special day, and Marjorie was one of the people who were baptized.


I was very moved last week after talking with the Pastor from the church located in San Pedro Sula. He is teaching his members to serve their community. His church is actually on the University in San Pedro Sula, and he is reaching the young people at the university.


Currently the church here meets in Marjorie's grandmother's garage, but there is a building that is being built on the property of the University in Comayagua which will be the future location of their services.


I love the vision of this church and they are reaching many young people and then teaching them to serve their neighborhoods and communities and share the love of Jesus.


So....this morning as I was getting ready I was talking with God. I have always wanted to have a church here in Comayagua, a place that I can say this is where I go to church, but at the same time I don't want to give up going to the AirForce Base, because I get so much from being with other North Americans and having the worship and message in English. The service at the Base is on Sunday mornings at 11:00; the service at Ministerio Renuevo is at 10:00ish to noonish. I asked God to make it to clear to me if this is where He wants me to be. It would be easy for me to say I want to go there because of Marjorie. But I wanted to know that it was where God would want me to be.


So I arrived and was happy to see the people who had traveled together last week for the baptisms, so I was already with friends. The worship time was awesome! Joel has a beautiful voice and is very gifted in leading the worship! I loved the songs he chose to sing and they were some that I know in Spanish.


Then the church service, there were many things that Joel said that really spoke to me. Some things that I needed to hear, and some just a new and fresh way of looking at the gift God has given to us. I really received a word to my heart this morning from Joel!


At the end of the service they were discussing a change in their service time and that beginning in March they would be meeting in the evening! Later I was sitting and sharing with Marjorie and Joel about my prayer that morning that God would make it clear to me if He wanted me to be a part of this church. I shared how Joel's message had really spoken to me, it was a word I needed to receive today. He shared that he was very surprised, because he had not known what he was going to preach today. And that last night he was reading his Bible and God took him to 2 Corinthians 6; and then again this morning he was reading his Bible and again he was reading here and God gave him what he was to share.


It's one of those times where you know God does this, but when you see it happen and you are a part of it you just go WOW GOD! How awesome you are!!!


Then I asked Marjorie....had I understood that they were all discussing about changes the time of the service. She said yes beginning in March they will meet on Sunday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00.


I was so excited! I already felt like God would have me to be a part of their church, but then this was like the gift for me, that I could still attend the service at the Base on Sunday mornings! Not often that you get to have your cake and eat it too! ha ha!

Thank you God for your blessings today!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

WOW...That is so great. I needed to hear an answer to prayer...so glad you shared. Builds my faith! I am happy for you!

asneely said...

That is awesome! I love it when God makes it so clear how much He loves us and how he hears our prayers. So good!