I was reading over the past couple of posts and saw where I was talking about praying for my 11th student. Well I got him! I had 11 office in my room so I was praying for that 11th student to come.
If you have ready many of my posts from previous years I am sure you will recognize the name...Mauro! I first met Mauro when he was in the 4th grade. He was usually in trouble for something...talking or not working in the Learning Center or not doing his homework...and he became my Mauro pretty quickly! He has been mine ever since! All the teachers know he is special to me and they come to me when there is a problem with him.
Last year he was in 6th grade but he didnt' pass his year. Of all the kids he was the hardest for me to not be able to pass, but he just didnt' do his work. It broke my heart! He was enrolled in another school that was not bilingual and had started his classes. His little nephew, Erik was still attending Ruach, so dad was still coming to the school and some days Mauro was with him to pick up Erik.
Dad and Mauro really wanted to come back, and dad set up a meeting with Miss Dinora.
The problem was that if he came back he would have to be in 6th grade again. Many times culture here says "just pass the kid"...we see it in public school all the time.....but we want them to get the education they deserve!
I begged Annette please try to make his dad see the importance of him getting an education, and why he needs to be in 6th grade to learn all the Paces he didn't complete last year. It didn't seem possible, but I prayed and it was so much my heart for his dad to do the right thing for his son.
And then I got the news! And I did the happy dance!!!! I spent that day singing at school "Mauro is back! Mauro is back!" I was so happy!!! And he is doing great! Completing his homework each day, completing many of his goals during the day. And he has not had even a demerit! I know it has only been 2 weeks, but this is still a big accomplishment!
I am so happy that I had that office waiting, God knew I was getting an 11th student, and I am so happy for the one I got!!!
I am still singing and dancing... MAURO IS BACK! MAURO IS BACK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh that is great!! I bet he does great this year.
Dear friends
We do not agree with this year BRIT awards decision.
Please come to see our little poll
http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt
Lady Gaga can not be better than heavy metal
Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/facelift/index.html]facelift[/url]
BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK
Understandably your article helped me truly much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you dispatch, wish look audacious for more cognate articles without delay as its united of my pick issue to read.
Post a Comment