Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Decorating my classroom. I am totally NOT creative! Was a little nervous about coming up with an idea...then yesterday after school Annette said you know you can put up a verse or.....a Verse - Oh now I have an idea!

I am still not sure that what is floating in my head will come out on my wall... but I am trying!

I love Isaiah Chapter 35. I spent months reading that chapter, over and over, and thinking this chapter is beautiful, but what does it mean. Then last year at the beginning of the school year as I was once again reading this chapter, God showed me things .....vision of colors and beauty and life...life springing up everywhere. A promise for Ruach. Prayers for my students and the school.

So my room will be decorated based on Isaiah 35: 1-2

"The desert and the parched land will be glad, the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. "

I am putting this verse on my wall...and have spent much of the evening drawing and cutting out flowers. I have also cut out butterflies, one to represent each of my new girl students....trying to decide on an animal to create for each of the boys in my class. I have it pictured in my head....I hope it comes out looking close to what I have envisioned.

Hopefully it will be close and it will be a happy place full of joy! I'll post pictures - currently waiting for the walls to my room to be put up so I can begin building my scene.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love your theme. Will watch for pictures.