Today I turned...well a year older....but I still love to act like a kid!
Well my birthday started at about 12:15 a.m. when I received a phone call from two of my students, calling to tell me Happy Birthday!
When I got up to start my day I began receiving text messages from friends here and family in the States. Technology is fabulous!
When I got to the school this morning I was greeted with many hugs and well wishes for my birthday.
At about 10:00 I left to go to my house where I was meeting my "sons" for a water balloon fight. I got home, changed into some clothes to play in, and began filling my 9 balloons. That was all the balloons I had, and thought that would be enough. WRONG!
I was already to attack them when they would get to my gate...only then I saw them getting out of mom's car with a cake and a bottle of coke. Well I had to refrain from throwing the balloons, thinking how sweet, they are bringing a cake for my birthday. They come in and then show me the two bags of balloons they brought as well.....yea more for water balloons.
What started out as us all throwing and chasing with water balloons ended up with Gabriel pouring an entire bucket of water on my head. Who needs water balloons when you have a bucket handy!
I had a great time! I'm sure my neighbors think I am completely nuts as I am running around screaming and laughing with the 3 boys throwing water balloons with them! But I tell you, we had a fun time!
After we were all completely soaked, and my house floor was pretty much covered with water and mud...it was time to dry off, get in some dry clothes and have cake.
Of course Gabriel thought it was fun to take some photos of me with my new "wet hair" look!
We enjoyed the delicious cake and I had fun laughing with these boys!
They headed home and about that time I got a call from Henry at the school asking when I was coming back because he had something he needed for me to sign. I explained I had been soaked and had to clean up and dry my hair but I would be back.
So I hurriedly got cleaned up and ready to go back to school....I walked up and there was Patty cooking pupusas! Nothing needed signed...I just need to be there for my surprise birthday lunch!
Oh YUM!!!! We all enjoyed pupusas with all the yummy cabbage and chile on top!
And... another birthday cake! 
I enjoyed the rest of the day with the kids, helping them finish up their Paces.
I had one more fun visit today. I was getting together with a Ruach Graduate, Marjorie, my Honduran daughter. I picked her up at 5:00 and we went to Coffee & Cakes to visit and catch up. Well we barely began talking when we notice they are turning out the lights....they are closing up and it is only 5:30! So we take our sodas and hop in the car and go to my house.
I enjoyed our time today of sharing stories of the past, discussing old memories, and talking about plans for the future. It was a wonderful visit and she shared many gifts with me!
My day ended with a text message from Joshua wishing me a Happy Birthday!
That was a perfect ending to a perfect day!
3 comments:
I loved hearing about your day! And seeing pictures was great! I am so glad you had such a fun, fun birthday. Love you and very thankful you are my sister!
What a fun day! I love the pictures. Glad your Honduran family is taking such good care of you on your birthday. We love you!
That sounds like so much fun ... except for the water balloons. Did you get my text message?
Post a Comment