I have begun the countdown for my return to Honduras. Before I arrived I thought when I get to the states I will have some down time, some quiet time, some time to read my Bible and pray....oh how my cup runneth over with everything else!
Joshua gave me several CDs for Christmas. One of them is a CD by Kutless that I just love! I have been playing it in the mornings and many days while I am driving to and from work in the car. I love to drive and play music and sing....when no one else in the car.... (One of my closest friends, Annette, one day said to me... "do you sing? I have never heard you sing." Exactly! There is a reason she has never heard me! ha ha!) There are a couple of songs that have really spoken to me and made me think about my heart, my faith, my relationship with God.
I want to share these words with you.... they are from a song called I'm Still Yours..
If you washed away my vanity/ If you took away my words/ If all my world was swept away/ Would you be enough for me?/ Would my beating heart still sing?
If I lost it all/ Would my hands stay lifted/ To the God who gives and takes away/ If you take it all/ This life you've given/ Still my heart will sing.
Those words really got into my spirit. And I wonder could I still lift my hands. If God chose to take away the life I have right now, my family, my friends, my kids in Honduras, my life in Honduras..... it's easy to say when you are in a good place - Oh yes my faith is strong and I trust God for everything....but when you aren't in that good place it isn't so easy.
This song has really made me think and also made me want for that! Want for a faith that is so strong that when things aren't as I think they should be I can still rejoice, still lift my hands and praise my God who loves me!
p.s. I have just added the song to my Playlist...so if you have your sound on you can hear the song. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post. I love that song. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment