Saturday, January 02, 2010

I always love when I am back in Texas and I go to church, and no matter what has been going on in Texas or with the Church or in my life in Honduras, I always have at least one Sunday where I leave saying "YES! That was totally for me!" It is like Pastor Ron can see into my heart and he says exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes I don't even realize I need that Word or I need that question answered...but God knows.

I am thankful for a pastor who listens to God and speaks the truth!

Well this year is no different! Pastor Ron was talking about our purpose, and how even the little things we do and say effect people, it might lead that person into their purpose....it is like a chain reaction. (check it out... http://www.restorationdfw.org/ "God's Tapestry of Purpose") There were so many days at school this past year that I wondered is anything I am saying or doing with these kids making a difference...but I have had those tiny moments where I know that my words have made a difference in their lives. Those moments, no matter how tiny they might seem, do matter..and I needed to know that. It gives me the encouragement I need to go on!

If we don't step up and say or do the thing that God has for us, he will send someone else to do it....but the joy you get when you know that you have done that thing that God planned for you...that you have fulfilled your God purpose...that God actually used you! WOW!

On New Years Day I was reminded of a day that I fulfilled my purpose. I received a phone call from Annette that one of our past students had been killed in a car accident. I was stunned and I was sad and I was shocked...but then God brought to my mind the day I sat with Kenne in the Learning Center at Ruach in 2008 and talked to him about making a decision as to who he would follow, and he told me he wanted to follow Jesus...and I sat with him and we prayed together for him to receive Jesus into his life.

That moment had nothing to do with me...if I had not been willing to talk to Kenne about Jesus, God would have used someone else to share with him, but what an honor to be a part of God's plan and God's purpose for Kenne's life!


Kenne at his 6th grade graduation in 2008.

I can rejoice to know that a young boy who started his life in Honduras is now running and playing in paradise!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Been meaning to tell you how much I enjoyed your recent posts.

Anonymous said...

Love this story and thank you for sharing. Sweet boy and so sad his life ended so early. Your a blessing girl. love you Jenny

Anonymous said...

Loved your latest post Steph. The story about Kenne touched my heart. You are making a difference, for sure.

Love you, Lynn