Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday.... Day 3 of Vacation


My mountain get away....at Katherine's house!




This morning I headed to Katherine's again. I arrived at her grandma's house to leave my car and her grandma walked with me to Katherine's because I wasn't sure if I could remember the way. When we arrived grandmother was hot and tired and stayed a bit to rest and have a cool drink. I told Katherine, and she translated for her grandmother, that I had hoped that over vacation I could go somewhere, hike up a mountain and spend some time enjoying the beauty here....and even though I didn't go anywhere, God gave me what I had wanted, as I hike up the side of the mountain to Katherine's house and I can sit outside with her and enjoy the beauty around us. I told her how much I love coming to her house. She thought I was crazy for liking where her house is, but I think it is peaceful there.



Katherine took her Math test, finished her English Pace and took her English test, passing both!


Afterward, I headed to Karen's where we began working on Math. Maria arrived also with her Paces. Maria is loving her new Math Pace as it has introduced a new concept, variables, and she is enjoying solving these new problems! She is very excited to be the furthest in Math Paces in her class! Go Maria Fernanda!!!!

Karen took THREE tests today and passed them all! She is working like a crazy woman! But so happy about it! She has a lot of work to do to complete her year, but she is motivated to work and really wants to complete her Paces!

I had a wonderful lunch at Karen's house that her mom prepared for me. How sweet! They really do make me feel special!

Tomorrow I will be heading to Maria Fernanda's house for more Math and English Paces and hopefully a test or two!

Friday I am calling the kids together to have a work day on Paces at Miss Stephanie's house. I am hoping they will all come!

I am attaching some pictures I took today at Katherine's house! My vacation spot!!! :)


Katherine's little sister yesterday, pretending to get married!




I loved watching Genesis play today. She didn't need toys or videos or games or even tv shows to keep her occupied. She played with a sheet, a hanger, a towel and her mom's jacket. She hung things on the hanger and sang and wore the sheet on her head and pretended again to be getting married with her novio .....I loved watching her use her imagination as she played while Katherine and I worked on Paces.



The view from the porch where we worked


Part of Katherine's house and you can see there isn't much further to go to reach the top.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Loved hearing about your day!