Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday...Day 4 of Vacation

This morning I headed to Maria Fernanda's house at about 10:30. Karen arrived shortly after I did. So the three of us sat outside and worked on Paces.

A little while later Maria's mom announced that lunch was ready. WOW! To me lunch is a sandwich and a piece of fruit....not here! Her mom served a delicious lunch of chicken with a wonderful mushroom sauce, rice and the vegetables were beets and cucumbers, and a small square of Honduran cheese. I cleaned my plate! It was all delicious!

I usually don't eat beets - it's one of those things that bring back horrible childhood memories, of soggy mushy purple things and then the eggs that have been soaked in the beet juice....awful memories! But this was so delicious!

Our afternoon snack was freshly made lemonade!

I am totally getting spoiled this week! Next week when we are back at school I will be back to not eating lunch or trying to eat some fruit as I work on giving out 6th grade homework assignments...and staying after school to work on Paces, and not get home until late and being too tired to do more than make a scrambled egg or grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. I will remember and dream about the wonderful lunches I have gotten to eat this week at Katherine's and Karen's and Maria's homes!

Tomorrow I am having as many as will come of my 6th graders to my house to work. I am hoping for the 7 who I have heard from or that Karen has talked to .... I'm planning an easy lunch of spaghetti...I have snacks of chips, fruit, cookies and banana bread. Hopefully we will do more than just eat tomorrow!

I have sure enjoyed spending time with some of my students this week. Some days at school they make you crazy...but I love them all so much! I miss the kids I haven't seen this week!

Saturday I am actually going to have vacation!!! I am looking forward to sleeping in and then at 1:00 I have an appointment at Glenda's salon to get my hair colored and treating myself to a pedicure! After this crazy week I am sure I will fall asleep in the chair as Ana gives me my pedicure! It will be so wonderful!

No comments: