Friday, February 13, 2009

Well here I am sitting in my little house on my couch in my living room on the internet! That is one of those things that you take for granted living in the United States....most people have the internet at their house on their desktop and their laptop, then they hop in their car and can receive emails on their cell phone or blackberry on their way to work, when they arrive at work they go to their desk and flip on their computer and connect once again to the internet....

Well my life has been very different since living in Honduras. Last year I did not have internet at my house, I used the internet at the school, when it was working, or went to an internet cafe. When Annette got the internet at her house last summer I would take my laptop there a couple times a week so I could email pictures and do banking, those types of things I couldn't do at the cafe....I felt spoiled being able to visit with Annette and check my email at the same time.

Well now, thanks to Stacy and Travis, I can do it from the comfort of my couch!

For Christmas Stacy and Travis wrote me a poem...



ODE TO A MISSIONARY ON CHRISTMAS EVE 2008

We wantd to write you a story,
Or sing you a little song,
To tell you about something,
That you'll love all year long.

What we want to give you can't be bought in a store,
It doesn't fit in a box or come in a jar,
It's simply a tool to help the distance
Not seem so far.

So now when you can't sleep,
And you want to update your blog,
Or check on Joshua
Or see a picture of our dog,

In this season of giving,
Don't go to Lance and Annette's ,
Because one thing we're giving you,
Is a whole year of the INTERNET.


It truly is a luxury that will be enjoyed by me beyond words! Just tonight I have already gotten to talk on Skype with Ashlynn and Shawna and Ashlynn was excited to be able to see me on my Webcam (thanks to Shawna & Austin).

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh how wonderful!!! I am so excited that you now have internet in your home!!!!! Hooray!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is s awesome!