Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I love the mechanic I take my car to! I needed to get my oil changed, and wanted my brakes checked (driving to Teguc next week to pick up Carol - if you have been here you know that brakes are a good thing to have!), my front wheel looked crooked, and then my wonderful driving abilities ripped my fender half way off the front of my car.....

So yesterday morning Henry met me at the mechanic (he is a friend of Henry's and worked on my car a couple times last year and Annette's truck, after I dumped mechanic Omar)....

So he did all these things for me and the fender looks great (I don't know how he did it because the places where the bolts should be had all rusted through...but he did!)...and he only charged me 560 limperas (about $30!)

Can you imagine going to your mechanic in the United States and spending $30? Maybe if you wanted new windshield wipers..but that's about it!

I was so happy with my bill....he always done the work in one day...has good prices and never tells me I don't know what I am talking about because I am a woman!

The school looks so great! We are finishing all the painting...the rooms, and the outside of the building with touch ups on the trim. It is so beautiful! Yesterday we hung the posters in the Learning Center, put the hooks in their desks for their goal cards (we didn't do that at all last year!) and each desk has a red and blue flag. Tomorrow we will get their desks assigned, get all the supervisor progress cards completed and goal check reports completed...It is like all the little details, some of which never got done last year, are getting done, and we are so prepared! It is amazing and exciting!

And Alexis and his men starting working today on putting the playground back together.

This is going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like this year is starting out so great! I pray that God will bless it all and it will continue to be so successful! Also is Carol a new teacher?!? How many teachers are you all getting this year from the US? I wish I could come down so bad :(.... luv ya and miss ya Steph!