Several prayer requests...
Joe ...the father of our student, Christopher Joseph. Today after school Patty and I went to his house to check on his father. We were not able to see Joe, Christopher Joseph said his dad doesn't like visitors. So we didn't push it, but asked that he tell his dad we are praying for him.
I also learned today that not only is he very ill, while being off work he was fired.
I don't know what this do to this man or the home situation for he and his son. Please be praying about this situation. Joe drinks and smokes excessively, we are praying for his spiritual health as well as physical healing.
We have had some other kids who are unable to enroll at the school due to financial reasons. Today Wilmer's mom came to the school, she said that she is unable to pay for Wilmer and is enrolling him somewhere else. I will miss my Wilmer!
Some of the parents may not see the importance, it isn't just a school, we give so much more to the kids than just reading, writing and math!
There are many who are in this situation. It breaks my heart because some of them I know their situations at home and wonder what will happen to them. There are many that I feel like God has put us over them to watch over them, protect them, pray for them....and now they will not be able to attend.
It costs approximately $100 to $135 per month per student to attend the school. If you could sponsor a child for the school year, or even a portion of the monthly fee each month....and it would be tax deductible....please let me know. This is the final week for kids to enroll for class...but if we can help any out at all it would be great!
PRAISE !!!! Our Paces arrived today! If you remember, last year we had the horrible ordeal of our Paces not arriving, because there was some problems between Honduras and the U.S. and they were holding the shipment of Paces to the warehouse in Tegucigalpa.....and it was the middle of the first partial before we received all our Paces last year.
Not this time!!!! I had the pleasure of counting the Paces in 9 boxes today! We are finishing up getting all the rooms painted and teachers are putting their rooms together. Our score keys are organized (if you have ever seen our score keys you understand why this is a big deal!!), we have new folders for them and have put many in plastic protective covers.
Please be in prayer for our school and our students. And please pray specifically for Joe, for his health and his spiritual health. If you are able to help out by sponsoring any of the kids in any amount, please let me know asap! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH! I can't believe Wilmer will not be there this year..... It makes me want to cry. And I will keep praying from Joe. And Joseph to..... I pray that you will all get the amount of kids needed over these next few days! That is so exciting that you got the paces in already though! YAY!! And that the score keys are organized! Lets hope they stay that way ;)......
Post a Comment