Sunday, February 01, 2009

I wanted to share something with you, something that God spoke to me today, and a way for you to pray for the school.

Last year I spent a lot of time reading in Isaiah. One chapter that I was continually brought back to was Isaiah 35. I didn’t know why, but at times last year God would keep me there for days, reading that chapter over and over.

One day as I was reading from Isaiah 35 God gave me a vision. It is hard to describe, it was just beauty, beyond anything I had ever seen, beauty and colors, bright, brilliant colors. It was just a glimpse of what He could show me. I kept hearing God tell me that Isaiah 35 was for now, for this day, not something in the past, or far off in the future, but in the present, for every day, for now.

(thought jump but it will all come together at the end)

I had a calendar that I used in my 2nd grade class year. Before I left Honduras in November, I had taken some of the pictures from this calendar and hung them in my house. My walls were bare and I had these beautiful scenery pictures so I thought I would hang some up. There was one that I really liked. It was a picture of a field of bluebonnets. This reminded me of Texas and brought back many sweet memories. At the bottom of the picture it says “The wilderness shall blossom abundantly”.

There was also a scripture reference at the bottom, but I didn’t pay attention to that at the time.

(Now jump to current) On Friday I was hanging up some pictures of family that I had brought back with me. In doing this I had taken down this bluebonnet picture and it was then that I noticed the scripture reference on the picture..Isaiah 35: 1,2

Suddenly I was reminded of this chapter and the vision and how God had kept me there so many weeks last year, and I felt God telling me this is a promise for the school.

We have been praying for kids to come. We have lost some kids who were there last year, and while we have gained some new students, last week our enrollment was still low. There are still 2 more weeks for enrollment, and we are expecting most of the families to come during these weeks, but it has been something that we talked about and prayed about at school last week.

What I felt God saying to me this morning was that, not only will He bring the students, but that there will be life there. Among the children!

We are not to focus on the number of kids, but on life, the life that He brings, on having God’s presence at the school, in all that we do there. Showing God’s love to the children and the families. And in doing these things there will be life in the children. And the children will blossom in the school, in their love for God, for worship, for learning about God and doing well in their studies.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

wow...that is awesome!!! Thanks for posting all that. I am going to read that chapter in Isaiah. I love the way God used that chapter to speak to your heart...the way he did it was so neat!