Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thursday at school Wilmer was upset that he had forgotten my birthday gift. So when I got to school Friday he asked me to help him study for his Science test. He reached in his backpack and pulled out a giftbag, then hiding it behind his Science Pace he hands me his Pace and says SURPRISE! And then here comes Mauro with a little gold box for me too.

These two boys are so sweet! I opened my gifts and showed them off to Miss Candy who was in the room with the kids. I took pictures so I could share them with you here.

This is Mauro's gift, earrings and a matching necklace.

Mauro's gift reminded me of a time when Joshua was probably 11 or 12 and he bought me a necklace with a large sparkly stone on it. He was so excited and told me he wanted me to have a diamond! I still have that necklace in the heart-shaped jewelry box that Joshua made me one year for mother's day.

Here is the necklace from Mauro up close. Isn't that pretty!





Here is Wilmer's gift. He got a pencil holder with a bird on it (there is a funny story I will share about this), and a bracelet and earrings and a necklace and earrings. It was so sweet of the kids and so precious seeing how excited they were to give me these gifts.



Above is the necklace and earrings....and here is the bracelet and earrings.




The kids are only there until noon for vacation school. So I was sitting with them while they were waiting on someone to pick them up (which actually an hour later they finally decided to walk home)...while we were waiting, Wilmer said Miss do you know that is a pencil holder I got you? I told him yes, and that I was very excited about that because just the day before I was thinking that I needed a pencil holder because I just have pens and pencils lieing around in drawers and things, because I don't have a good place to keep them, but now I do! He was so happy that he had thought of that and I was wanting one! He then pointed out that there is a bird on it, and birds eat worms and he is Wilmer the Wild Worm...(if you don't know that story it is a post from last year about Wilmer)...he is such a fun kid!

This was so special and I will be sure to wear their gifts to school often as I know it will make them happy! They mean so much to me because I know that for them to give me a gift was not easy, it meant a sacrifice on their part or on their family, so it is precious! It was from the heart, as were all the sweet gifts I received here on my birthday!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Well, that brought tears to my eyes. How very sweet!!!! These boys are seeing and receiving the love of Jesus from you!! Love the pretty gifts. And I love that the one reminded you of a gift Joshua gave you..nice memory!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, that is so neat! You have really made an impact in their lives. That was so sweet of them. I love the gifts they gave you. I would love to meet your Wilmer the Wild Worm. :) He is too funny!

Shawna

Anonymous said...

Awww how sweet! They are such sweet boys! =)

Anonymous said...

What sweet gifts! The boys love you a lot.

Phyllis

Anonymous said...

That is s cute! They are sweet boys. And the gifts are so pretty I miss them and the other kids so much!