This is a picture I promised Stacy.
You know sometimes you get used to things, like knives with handles, vegetable peelers that do not bend....you know, everyday items that you normally don't think twice about.
Well I was very excited when Elaine bought me a vegetable peeler for Christmas...yes they have those in Honduras, but mine is so flimsy that everytime I tried to use it, it would bend...so I finally gave up and threw it away.
Then my knife...the blade is great, it's the handle, or lack thereof that is the problem! One day when I was cutting a piece of fruit the handle just snapped in half. The blade is great, and I love it, but it can be difficult using it at times.
Stacy bought me a cute kitchen knife with it's little protective sleeve...yeah, it doesn't take much to get me excited (Just ask Starla about my thermometer! the best Birthday gift ever!)...okay, so my knife.
Well I got very excited over the knife at Christmas and had to explain to everyone what the big deal was....so I told Stacy I would send her a picture of my knife.... so here it is, my Honduran speicalty and my new knife from Stacy!
Now you understand why I was so excited!!! And I have been using it already!
Just wait until I peel some carrots or potatoes, I will probably write about that too!
1 comment:
WOW!!! That is SO sad. I can't believe you were using that. Next year I'm getting you a whole set of knives! In fact, I have a set in my closet that I'm not even using ... you can have them!!!!
Love yoU!
Stacy
Post a Comment