Thursday, January 29, 2009

This morning I was standing in my bathroom at 7:30 and I heard guitar strumming. I thought oh wow someone is outside playing a guitar. Then I heard singing, and I thought well now isn't that neat, someone is outside singing, I will have to go see what they are doing. Then it registered WHAT they were singing...Happy Birthday to you....

It was Patty, Henry, Dinora, Lisette and Rosi outside my gate singing Happy birthday to me. I was running around my house looking for my keys so I could go oustide (can't open any of my doors from the inside or out without keys)...I was so excited! It was so much fun! They scerenaded me with about 3 songs and Lisette gave me a little gift and they headed to school.

It was so much fun and so sweet! Two of the other teachers told me when I got to school that they had been waiting at the arch at the beginning of my neighborhood, waiting on the group to come by, but somehow they had all missed each other, so Candy and Cessia said we were singing to you in spirit. :)

Later that morning Henry came and said Miss Patty needs you....and as I went there was everyone sitting in a room with cake and ready to celebrate some more. So we filled us and our kids on vacation school with cake and banana soda.

Patty's daughters gave me 6 roses.

Then...yep there is more....some of us went to lunch at Pizza Hut. It was fun to sit and visit with my friends, and celebrate my birthday.

One of the students, Wilmer, was so upset this morning, he said miss I forgot your birthday gift. I got to school this morning and remembered that I had left your gift at home. I assured him that bringing it tomorrow will be just as special!

Here are all 7 of my roses that I received for my birthday...

...notice my lovely vase...it is a plastic pitcher! It does the job!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Elaine said...

I love the flowers. Your table cloth is so pretty!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a special birthday! I am so glad you had a good day.

Shawna

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I am glad you had such a great day!