Wednesday went great! I drove to Tegucigalpa with no problem, got to the airport with no problem and was so happy to see Carol come through immigration! We drove home with no problem. My only kink in the story is that I was stopped at a checkpoint twice, once on the way into Teguc and once on the way back home. Although not enjoyable, I didn't feel so stressed about it since I had already had my first the weekend before back in Comayagua. I had thought the stop in Comayagua was so strange, not a regular checkpoint, just out of the ordinary and so random, although now I do not believe it strange or random, but rather orchestrated by God. I was much more relaxed and knew what to do and say when I was stopped at these checkpoints in Teguc.
Carol arrived tired and excited and we were all so excited to have her here! She worked in the Learning Center Thursday and Friday and we were all happy to see the weekend arrive as we were all exhausted from the first week of school!
Saturday I needed to go see Glenda to get my hair colored (you know it is bad when one of the kids asks you "Miss what is that on your head?" and it is your gray hair!)
So while we were there getting my hair colored, Carol got a pedicure. We were both so relaxed we both took some little cat naps during our pampering!
We had our first parent meeting at the school, Friday night, and it seemed to go well. Only one parent wanted to complain, that was good. Although it is hard to have much to complain about after only one week of school. :)
Please continue to pray for the school and our students.
I had one of my 4th graders say to me on Friday that he had not completed his homework because "Miss I had trouble at my house last night"..... I have been aware in the past of his dad being involved in some illegal activities, so I believe the story he told me. It is so hard when you hear kids share about the hard lives they live.
Thank you for your prayers as we help these kids with their education and help to mend their hearts that get broken and discouraged. Please continue to pray for Carol as she adjusts to life in Honduras, and pray for me to be a good guide to help her into this new experience.
1 comment:
Loved this post. And love the picture of Carol. Where's yours. :)
Post a Comment