Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well we have all survived the second day of school. This afternoon all the Learning Center teachers were wiped out....after dismissing the kids we were sitting at the tables barely holding our heads up. Henry was tired he was delirious....yep 2 days down 3 to go then the weekend!

I forgot how hard it is to stand on the cement floor all day walking around, helping the kids. Feet? Do we even have feet anymore? I don't know.

I had my first conversation class today with the 6th graders. We are reading a book then discussing the chapter that I read. I was able to introduce some new vocabulary, we talked about "sayings" and what do they really mean, and some allegories (I learned that word from Josh - thanks son!) in the story. They are a great group. Some of the characters introduced today were Pastor Gentle, Miss Content, Susie Selfwill....so today we discussed these words ...gentle, content, and thinking about self and not others.

I am looking forward to a good year with these guys, and many good books to read and discuss and learn from!

Wednesday morning Carol will be boarding a plane to come to Honduras to teach at the school. We are all excited about her arrival!

Please pray for her to have safe travel here, and that there would be no problems with flying standby.

Also please pray for the drive tomorrow, I will be driving to Teguc to pick her up, I would specifically ask that you pray that I have a safe drive there and return back to Comayagua, and also that I would not get lost in the city. I am praying that I will arrive at the airport and be able to get out of the city again and on the road heading home without any problems.

I went today to fill my car up with gas so I know I wouldn't have any problems....like last year when I was flying back to Texas and every gas station in Comayagua was out of gas, and so were all of our vehicles! So I have a full tank and ready to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm glad your day went well! I pray that tomorrow will go great and safe!

Elaine said...

How are your tired feet? Does Glenda have someone that gives foot massages? You need one. :)