Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's been a while since my last update. Boy the time flies when you are busy and loving your life!

School is great! The kids are working hard and so are the teachers. We have a team from Restoration coming in a week so we are very excited for them to come! We are also busy getting things ready for the regional convention. Our highschool students love going to convention. It is a great experience for them, but a lot of work for us to get them there. They will compete in a variety of events, checkers, chess, track & field events, soccer, soccer kick, volleyball, essay writing, poem writing, art, photography, singing, music, and Bible Bowl and Pace Bowl. They are all very excited about their events!

We go to convention on March 31 for a week. It is held in Tegucigalpa...well up on a mountain in Tegucigalpa. I will post many pictures and stories after that week because I am sure our kids will come away with many awards. They are very talented kids!

Last week Josh went to take his Army physical. He is now officially a soldier in the Army. I am very proud of him! He will leave on a bus at 4 a.m. on March 31 to head to Ft. Benning, Georgia for basic training. I am very proud of him for making this decision and working so hard to reach this day.

Carol has been adjusting to her new life in Honduras. She has really done great getting into things at the school and the kids love her! She is such an asset to us! She had her first doctor visit on Saturday. Thank the Lord for other missionaries! Linda Tjemeland has a medical clinic in Comayagua, so I called her Friday night and she met us there Saturday to translate to the doctor. She has bronchitis, got a breathing treatment and a bag of meds. Thank you for continuing to pray for Carol and for her health. There is a lot of dust and it is something that your body adjusts to over time.

The weather here has been beautiful. Today Carol and I went to chapel at the Air Force Base, then to lunch at the DFAC - and I had my favorite grilled chicken salad! Then we took a little drive before coming home, just looking at the beautiful mountains.

Hope you all have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Wonderful post! Glad you and Carol were able to go to church and that you were able to have your yummy chicken salad. :) Maybe it will become a favorite with Carol. I think you should post your recent picture of the two of you with your kids. :)