Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ashlynn

One thing that is hard about being away is missing out on seeing little ones grow up, the new things they do, the new things they learn, all the changes that happen so quickly when they are little. The biggest thing is missing out on getting to bond with them as they grow up. I was afraid I would come back and Ashlynn wouldn't know who I was.

Well, thanks to my wonderful family that isn't the case at all! While I have been away this year Shawna and Austin have been telling her about me, showing her my picture and telling her my name and that I live in Honduras. So she wasn't surprised to see me, or wonder who is this nutty lady who is wanting to hold me and kiss me. She knew who I was and could say my name and she warmed up to me very quickly! It was such a blessing to me.


Here we are at the airport. She was wide-eyed checking me out....but she knew who I was. She knew who was coming in on the airplane.

She gave me hugs and kisses and talked to me all night last night. It was as if I had not been gone all year!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I LOVE that! I'm so happy she knew you. She loves her Aunt Stephanie!