Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Velvet Water

You know you get used to things, and you don't think anything about them. Like my shower, and our water in Honduras. Now I do complain about it sometimes, like I can't look at the water that Maria is washing my clothes in because it looks dirty...how will my clothes be clean? But if you don't look, they smell fresh and I tell myself they are clean.

Everyday when I take a shower at home, I have hot water because I have a ducha, so it isn't the temperature, it's the amount of water that actually gets through the holes in the ducha because the holes get clogged up with all the dirt that is in the water...and it is the smell of the water (some days it isn't good), but I don't really think that much about it, it's my shower.

But this morning I took the best shower ever!!!! There was so much water it covered my hole head...it wasn't a game of find a stream of water to try and rinse the soap out of my hair, and oh the way it feels....it is so soft! It was like I was taking a shower with velvet water!

And my hair is so soft! Oh the things that all my life I took for granted, and now it is a special treat! I am rediscovering life in the United States.

This afternoon I am going to pick up a car (thank you Tim Calabrese!!!! You rock!!!!)

I am sure my first driving experience will be a blog post! I laugh just thinking about the contrast between driving in the USA and in Honduras!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Velvet water. :) Good description! So glad you are back with us for awhile!