Sunday morning as Alyshia and I were on our way to the base for chapel, we saw a horrible thing. On the "highway" there was a lady who had been hit by a vehicle, lieing dead in the road.
As we were coming out of town, we saw there was a crowd of people on the side of the road, and then there were two policemen blocking the right side of the road and detouring the traffic through the other lane. As we approached I wonder what was going on, and then I saw her. I was very upsetting for both of us! We gasped at the sight, and the mom in me screamed for Alyshia not to look, but it was too late for both of us. We neither one spoke a word the rest of the way to the base, and it was after church before we either one could talk about what we had seen. It just made us feel sick.
Honestly, I am surprised we don't see things like that more often, the way people are always walking in front of cars.
It was such a tragic and senseless death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment