Saturday, October 04, 2008

On a lighter note....this morning I was at the school for our Saturday class for the kids who are behind. One of the boys, who is cute enough to eat with a spoon, his name is Jose Manuel, but many kids are named Jose Manuel, so a lot of them get a nickname. He is cute and adorable and his nickname is Chepito, which has now been shortened to Chepi. So his nickname has a nickname.
Here is a picture of Chepito...

He has a pet parakeet which he brings with him on Saturday. We have a hard time keeping Chepito focused and on task, but now with a bird sitting at his desk it is that much harder. Usually we put the bird somewhere else, so that he isn't playing with him. But today he promised me that he would work if the bird could stay with him. He did pretty good....then after their break I was sitting my him and he was showing me how his bird loves to eat chocolate.

They sell these little chocolate soccer balls, and Chepito was nibbling on one and the bird was nibbling on the other one. Then he told me that his bird likes chocolate and coca. Next thing I know he has taken the lid off his bottle of soda, and has poured the Coke into the lid and yep the bird was dipping his beak into the lid.

Today Alyshia and I were out running errands and we went to the pet store to get Samson a new collar, and while I was there I bought some bird treats for Chepito's bird. That might be a little better for him than chocolate and Coke.

Next Saturday I will get a picture of Chepi and his parakeet.

No comments: