Rain Rain Rain
I am posting this now, after we know what happened as a result of the all the rain. I am reading this now, and it was Saturday night that I was writing this on my computer ….just hours before the river would overflow and flood many parts of Comayagua.
(October 18)
It started raining during the day on Wednesday and did not stop….until sometime Friday morning. But the pause in rain did not last for long. Thursday they announced that we would not have school Friday or tutoring on Saturday due to the rain. So Friday we were so happy when we saw a break in the clouds. Then we went to the internet cafĂ©, and just as we were walking into the mail the downpour started again.
Thursday when I took Wilmer and Mauro home, (after they walked to my house across town in the pouring down rain!) I got to their street and it was flooded so badly the water was rushing and I couldn’t tell how deep it was so I let them out on the sidewalk at the corner by Wilmer’s house. They jumped out of the car and when they did the water was nearly to Wilmer’s knees. Poor guys!
The rivers are swollen and rushing, the ground is saturated, and fields look like swamps.
(I didn’t know at the time of writing this that a flood would be coming our way)
Vistors to see Miss Stephanie and Miss Alyshia
To add onto Wilmer and Mauro’s trip to my house…. Thursday after school none of my kids stayed to do homework, and Alyshia and I headed home. It had rained all day and I was wet and cold and happy to go straight home after school. Well about an hour and half later I hear voices outside “Miss Estephanie!” and we look out the front door and there standing outside my gate are Joseph, Mauro and Wilmer. Joseph lives a few houses from me. Mauro and Wilmer decided they wanted to see where I live, so they walked with Joseph after school. Actually, they had left the school at 3:00, walked to Wilmer’s house which is the opposite direction of my house. They went to Wilmer’s so he could take his medicine because he had been sick …then they walked back to the school to do homework with me. Only I was gone because I didn’t think anyone was staying. Joseph was still at the school (he just hangs out there a lot) so the boys walked home with him and came to my house. When they arrived at my house they were completely soaked!
I dried them off a bit, gave them a towel, offered them something to eat, which they didn’t accept – they said they just wanted to know where I live, then I loaded them in the car and drove them home. This is when they jumped out onto their street into knee deep water.
This is Wilmer's funny ...mmmmm I'm thinking face....love this kid!
Kemys and Friends Come to Visit
Last Saturday the girls were at Kemys birthday party at her aunt's house, who lives across the street. They came over the visit, and they all wanted to see my house inside. Wonder what the amazement is? Yes, I am just like you! We had a fun a visit, and the girls mostly giggled and drank some water and used the bathroom and got some stickers. And fed dog treats to Samson. He probably made out the best of all!
Jackeline Michelle, Kemys, Sara, Cristy and Blanca
No comments:
Post a Comment