Thursday, October 23, 2008

While I was at my house Tuesday I noticed the verse on my daily calendar I keep in the kitchen. I had not changed it since Saturday’s date….but the verse on Saturday was Isaiah 44:3 “For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.” I thought now isn’t that something….a very interesting verse to come in and read after all the rain and flooding we have had. And while Alyshia and I were at my house baking brownies that evening, I was showing her the verse which I still have it on, and she flipped it to see what the verse was for Sunday (the day we flooded)….it is the verse about don’t worry about what you will wear or what you will eat, because God knows what you need, look at the lilies in the field….

We both just said wow! First the verse about God watering the land, and then do not worry…..both are such good words and so relevant after what we and many people here have experience over the past week.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That is so neat about the verses!! Shows how God knows our situation and what we need!

I am so thankful you are safe!

Love, elaine