Alejandro
Last week in class Alejandro was turning in his PACE and had said his verse to me. He looked it up then in my Bible. First he was surprised that it was the same verse in the Bible as it was in his PACE. Then, he asked me if he could read my Bible. Keep in mind this is a 2nd grader! I wasn’t going to tell him not to read the Bible! He was so funny….he flipped through pages and would read some and flip some more pages and read some more. He did this for about 20 minutes. Then he brought me the Bible and said “Miss, there are some really cool stories in here!” He is so funny!
Several weeks ago while Haley was doing P.E. with my 2nd grade class, she was putting the kids on teams. Alejandro was upset about the team he was put on and he was refusing to play. Haley talked to him about participating with the class and asked why he did not want to play. He said “Miss, that team, trashcan!” We have laughed about that story so much! Miss, that team, trashcan!”
Here is Alejandro with Anthony.
Moises
Moises is doing so much better in class. I have been praying for him, but also for me. Asking God to give me patience and love for Moises. I have had so much trouble with him in class and the problems with the words he uses and the things he had exposed to the other students to, that I got to the point that I just hated to have him in my class. I really had to pray for God to give me love for him. Last week he did great. He was doing his work, he even did his homework. Today I was making a big deal over him because he turned in his 3rd Pace this week, he did all his homework last night and he was so good in class today that he not only didn’t get a demerit but he was even one of the stars for the day. After school I took him to Annette’s office to make over him. He is so used to getting negative attention, I wanted him to have some good attention. When I walked in Annette thought oh no what did he do! I said it’s good and told her how good he had done this week. Some of the other missionaries were in the office and we were all making over him. Annette gave him a sticker and we all praised him. Afterward Haley commented that he looked scared to death – like he didn’t know what to do or how to react to all the good attention! I am hopeful that this will be a real turning point for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment