Wanted to drop in and share some funny stories....
Drying Clothes
A trick to drying clothes quickly. It was the night before we were going to Copan last week. I had been at Annette’s that evening, and it was after 9:00 when I came home and needed to pack for Copan the next morning. I also needed to do some laundry before the trip. Remember I have no washer or dryer, it is by hand on the pila and then hang to dry. Maria does most of my laundry when she comes two days a week. But I have been washing my under clothes as well as some of my shirts that I would like to wash more gently. Maria was very sweet when I first moved into the house, and she saw that I had not put any of my personal articles in the laundry, and she had Patty translate for her to tell me not to be embarrassed, that she could wash my under clothes…but still it seems weird to me, so I have been washing them myself. Well last Thursday night I needed to do some washing for the Copan trip, because I had no clean undies. So I came home, I did washed the things that I needed. Then the question was, how to get the clothes I washed that night to be dry the following morning to pack by 6:30 a.m. So I hung some on the backs of chairs and put them in front of the floor fan. Then I turned on the oven, opened the door, and hung my undies and my socks in front of the oven. I actually put a pair of socks inside the oven for a short time, which helped in the drying process. It was a lesson in planning ahead with my laundry.
Caution failure in road ahead….
One of the craziest things we saw on the way to Copan last weekend was the signs for the failure in road ahead, and they were serious! There were a couple of places where there was a huge chunk of the road that was just gone! We also had to maneuver around rock slides and a pretty big mudslide in the road ….we were thankful when we arrived in Copan safely and back home again.
1 comment:
Love, love, love your pictures and your stories. I laughed about the laundry in the oven. Oh my, we have it too easy here in the U.S.A. Also made me remember Annette's story of her laundry when she first moved to Honduras! Never a dull moment..right?
Love, elaine
Post a Comment